Friday, September 2, 2011

Survival of the Unfit

So this week has been a realization of a lot of things. One, I am a million times more relaxed without a job. I wasn't planning on being unemployed during school but it just happened that way and so far I love it! For some reason my body goes into a panic when I have work and limited time to get homework done and then all I can think about is how stressed I feel, not concentrating on what I can get done in the time I have. Two, I am very much out of shape. I always knew that I had minimal strength in my upper body, even for a girl, but after riding my dad's 1988 Huffy up 4th North my quads seemed to scream, "why are you making us work all of the sudden?" So just because I am "smaller" than I was in high school I am a wimp compared to what I was then. Third, I realized that my memory is worse than I thought. In fact as I was about to write this sentence I was wondering what on earth the point was to this post-and I couldn't remember. So after realizing all of these things I counted myself eternally blessed that humans don't follow the survival of the fittest "rule" as much as the rest of God's creations do.

Another thing that I realized was how much I love to write. A lot of you probably could guess that, aren't surprised or just knew, but this week it occurred to me how much I love it. I don't remember a day that has gone by that I haven't written in some form or another. I don't mean like assignments, but for my own enjoyment if it is writing in my journal, a letter (I love those probably the most), a thought or description of a memory or a poem-ish thing. English and writing doesn't seem to be as admired as other fields like medicine, engineering (I admire engineers at least), and others, but it is a passion of mine that I plan to turn into a talent. I don't have the best grammar and you can especially tell by the way I talk. For some odd reason I write with better English than I talk, go figure.

Another wonderful thing I learned this week is how much I am loved. I always knew that I was a bit obnoxiously friendly and loud so a lot of people knew who I was, but I didn't realize how many people actually cared, who would yell across the way to just say hi, knock me down to give me a hug, or call me wondering the soonest time we could hang out. It really amazes me. I could never feel alone living here in Logan because I bump into cousins, second cousins, friends from high school, past home teachers and visiting teachers, friends from my past classes, new and old roommates, dear friends, and those guys that seem to think that rekindling whatever flame they thought we had was a good idea. All in all, this week has been a brighter experience than I imagined it would be.

Now its off to more good times. There's a dance tonight! And I should probably eat...

So I leave you with some words from a lady that I greatly admire (even though she smoked-Jaiden :P).

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
-Audrey Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment