Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Celebrities and Mood Swings


This all started about 7 years ago when my family flew into Atlanta, Georgia and went to a Wendy's (it occurs to me that this happened a long time ago and with my bad memory I could be getting the story wrong, but this is just how I remember it). Anyway, we were leaving and a lady approached me and  told me that she thought I looked like Gwyneth Paltrow. I didn't even know who Ms. Paltrow was!
So lets compare:

Um...Maybe? I don't have many pictures of when I was that age so this is as good as it gets.


Well today I was in my poetry class when my classmate told me that she had repeated thought that I looked like Mia Farrow. First of all, I had NO idea of who that is until she mentioned she was in the movie, The Great Gatsby.



Maybe... I don't know! Tell me what you think :)

Oh and that's not all! One of my older brothers is actually Matt Damon ;)



Can you see it?? Oh and my dad is Michael Jackson.

So onto more important things. So lately I have been frustrated because one day I feel so inspired and optimistic and the next day I am down in the dumps, at the lowest low I've ever experienced. I wanted so badly to keep my emotions under control and consistent, so I prayed. A lot. As usual my answer was...patience. So I just did what I knew I needed to be continually doing; praying as much as possible, keeping a positive view on everything, studying my scriptures, and a few other things. And guess what? It worked. Today I was sitting in the institute building in between my classes, studying my scriptures and I read 1 Nephi 20. In that chapter our Father in Heaven made it very clear as to what he expected from me. I didn't have to wait that long, I just needed to be patient and as we speak other prayers I've had are being answered. :)

So don't give up. Heavenly Father DOES answer our prayers...in time and probably in ways we never expected, but I promise they will be answered.

2 comments:

  1. Hey - that's pretty cool to be compared to a celebrity. Because you know they have worked on their looks for a long time (that's what they are about) and more than likely their photos are edited to make them look even better. For what it's worth - you do look a bit like Mia Farrow just cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Thanks Kelli :) I thought I looked more like Mia Farrow too. But to be honest I don't want to look like either of them. I'm happy looking just like me :)

    ReplyDelete