Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Red Hills Ranch- Day 44

Yet again it is time for school to start. It's perfect timing for me, I think. I'm ready for it to be cool enough to wear a jacket, hike a canyon when the trees are changing colors, and do something other than pull weeds and water lawns.

It is always nice to say that you learned something from a good experience or one that is not too pleasant to think about. This summer has been a tremendous learning experience for me. For the most part, I'm not completely sure what I have learned. I think its going to be one of those times when you discover why things happened the way they did long after the experience. One thing that I have learned though is that one of the only things you can expect in life is the unexpected. Life has never taken the turns I thought that it would and just like the novel I am reading, I think I have the end all figured out and then it takes me on an unexpected turn. My leap into the dark has been painfully hard, but now that I really don't know where life is going to take me, I try to lean on the guidance of our Father even more.

Well on a less serious subject, Carrie and I had a grand ol' time over the weekend. We hadn't seen each other since the beginning of May. It was so wonderful to see her. Our adventures together definitely brought out our inner child.

 First Carrie showed me around the place where she works and we talked with an old friend of ours before he left for work.
Okay, so we walked into a lot of shops just looking around, but the toy store obviously got us the most excited.
Cutest giraffe ever, right? Poor guy wore a sign saying, "My legs hurt. Don't sit, just pet me."
First of all, awesome shopping carts (if only I was small again). Second, Star Wars is just cool.
Carrie did some hunting on our adventure. Don't worry the deer lived, she missed by a long shot ;)
We also found our true callings in life. Too bad it cost money; oh well.
It was so nice to spend some time with my dear friend. I've heard about all of her adventures with our other friends but it was nice to have her all to myself!
This is Moe. He has the coolest job in Jackson Hole, driving the stage coach around the Square. He let us go on a few rides with him. Carrie even got a turn to drive the team of mules.
Carrie was proposed to at dinner! I'm not sure if they've set a date yet, but I'll be sure to let you know when I find out.
This lovely picture is dedicated to our dear friend, Brian. We even found CHACOS! One day I plan to have my own pair.

Hope your summer has been as much of an adventure as mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment