Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Red Hills Ranch- Day 30

Well today still had its ups and downs, but that's life right?

Sadly, it didn't rain. The weather is so unpredictable here. Last night lightning struck so close and I was grateful to be inside.

My greatest accomplishment happened this afternoon. I have been around horses quite a bit and I would say that I am decent on a horse (emphasis on DECENT). They still make me nervous just because I don't feel like I am in complete control and they are just like any other animal and can be unpredictable, but I love horses all the same. I rode a horse twice a year growing up at my grandpa's ranch and at a friend's house, but I haven't recently until my trip to Manti in June and when I came up to Jackson. Anyways, so today I went on a horse ride with some of the crew; they are all much more experienced on a horse than I and so naturally they don't want to just walk the whole way and not only sped up to a trot but a GALLOP! Okay so this probably isn't a big deal to a lot of you, but I have never galloped on a horse before. I know I'm chicken, but like I said before, horses can make me nervous so whenever I was on a horse and he started to speed up I would pull on the reins. Well I'm 19 years old now, a big girl, and sooner or later I needed to experience galloping. Today was that day. I galloped for the first time and it was AMAZING! I had to stop and re-adjust the stir-ups so I wouldn't fly off but man... it is so graceful and smooth. I almost felt like I was flying! I didn't want to get off, just wanted to keep going. So I think I will volunteer to go on more rides now and hopefully get even more familiar with these beautiful animals.

 Oh! Red Hills has a website now! Its for the annual horse auction/sale but you should still take a peak :)
http://redhillsranchpaints.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment