Well remember Captain America? Sorry I'm getting 'link' happy.
I don't mean him...
...though I wouldn't be opposed to going on a date with him ^. I mean the Captain I went on a date with a while back. Anyway, I kind of got on this naming-my-dates-after-superheroes thing and so I have a new name for the inspiring guy I dated last July/August-wow was it really that long ago? Okay sorry, back to the point. Well I refer to him as Superman. I think this name also fits him perfectly.
So as the title of this post 'foreshadowed'...blunty, I got a visit from Superman recently. Keep in mind that the only time I had talked to Superman in about 4 months was when I told him that I got my mission call and it was more like phone tag than a real conversation. That's it. So after not seeing or talking to him in a very long time, I get a cellular message from Superman and the next thing I know he is sitting in my front room laughing at one of my ridiculous stories. Yeah crazy, I know!
Well the next day I told my aunt about this visit and she told me not to read into it. I thought for a long time about whether I was just over analyzing everything and decided to just simply lay out the facts:
- Superman broke up with ME (which is fine because I'm supposed to serve a mission anyways, but we won't get into that).
- I don't hear from Superman in about 4 months time. Not a word. Not anything.
- Superman comes to my house to visit me (kind of out of the blue) and tells me beforehand he has a 'mission gift' for me.
- Superman visits for 4 1/2 hours (until 2 a.m.).
- Superman gives me what could be considered a sentimental gift (something he was given on his mission).
- Even though he doesn't normally talk a ton, Superman was in between dominating and evenly contributing to our conversation.
- Also, Superman was seated within my... intimate space.
- Superman doesn't leave until we get laughing so hard it wakes up my dad and he basically kicks Superman out of the house...at 2 in the morning!
Weeks pass and I have my mission farewell. I invited Superman and he came to hear me speak (which made me strangely nervous, but I don't want to get into that either). Well after I gave my talk I invited friends and family to come over to my house to have some lunch and visit. Superman came, but left...kinda early. I thought "Oh well. It would be nice to talk to him, but I guess it's good to be at the end of all that 'analysis avoidance' right?" WRONG.
Later that same day I get another cellular message. Superman wants to hang out again before I leave on my mission. Huh. Yeah, I definitely don't need to read into that. Whatever.
Well we have a day and time set to do whatever it is two people do after they've dated, become good friends, stopped dating, not communicated for a significant chunk of time, seen each other twice, and now one is leaving on a dating-sabbatical/service to the Lord/LDS mission. Don't get me wrong, I am excited. I mean we did date for a reason! Superman is a great guy and I enjoy spending time with him, I just don't quite understand what is going on in his head...
And what happens on this not-a-date/but-is-it-a-date-?/time-to-just-catch-up...thingy
...to be continued :)