Sunday, May 1, 2011

8 Months

One of the things I have noticed the most this year is how fast time flies by. One minute your walking on a college campus, a freshman once again, and the next you're going to church for the last time with your first student ward. Wow.

I have learned so much this year. Mostly I've learned about myself. I discovered what I really like, dislike, look for in friends and boys, what I want for the future, and if I really do KNOW the truthfulness of this gospel. I hope I don't sound like I'm bragging or anything, but I really feel like I've matured a lot this year. I still enjoy coloring every once in a while, watching my favorite Disney princess movie (Sleeping Beauty), and fantasizing about a romance that only happens in the classiest movies. What is different is that doing all of these "childish" activities has different reasons and meaning. Coloring relieves stress and lets my mind wander about happy memories. Watching Sleeping Beauty reminds me of the earthly and heavenly home I left not too long ago (I really do find symbolism in that movie related to the Plan of Salvation). With the fantasizing...well I'm a girl and I figure its healthy. Plus I think I deserve a little romance and fun in my life so why not think about what I would like to happen and then be surprised when nothing goes according to plan?

Anyways, I encourage you all too look back at the greatest thing you learned this past year. Write it down if you haven't already and remind yourself often. I've found that this is very helpful in the good and bad times and just fun too reflect on.

Well its late and Carrie is FINALLY home!

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment