Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Life is good, not easy, but good.

I would just like to testify to all of the world my testimony on prayer. Life is good, not easy, but good. As you all know, I had to do something and it was EXTREMELY hard. Once I did it I thought that life would get hard and I'd go back to what I had been doing in the past (I'm sorry this is so vague, but it has to be). I prayed long and hard that I would stay strong and that I would know I had made the right decision; so I took the leap of faith in following the directions of the Spirit. I haven't been happier since then.

Its interesting to look back at all that has happened in the past couple weeks. So much has changed! It turns out that the Lord had something absolutely incredible He wanted to show me, but until I was obedient He couldn't share it with me.

Prayer has literally helped me make it through every single day of my life. Time and time again I have answers given to questions and concerns I didn't even realize that I was asking and to ones I had been intentionally asking.

I guess an example I can share is this: A couple months ago I realized I had no money and I wouldn't be able to pay for school. Logically, I thought the answer was to move back home to Salt Lake for a year and go to Salt Lake Community College until I could afford to come back to Logan. When making this decision I wasn't happy. I could feel myself distancing myself from loved ones and getting discouraged really easily. After talking with a wise institute teacher I came to the conclusion that this wasn't a good idea. I prayed and I got my answer. Now deciding not to move home wasn't hard, but the school year is pretty much over. At the time apartments were filling up, I needed to change my major, and I still didn't understand how I was going to pay for it all. BUT because I followed the Spirit I have found  a way. I found an apartment, I'm learning about budgeting, and I'm in the process of changing majors. I still don't know how it will all work out, but when I'm on Christ's side anything is possible. Life is great, but not easy.

Also...I am currently completely 'twitterpated' (name that movie) over a very wonderful young man (Taylor if you're reading this I say hi, haha) and I'm pretty sure he has a little thing for me. There, I said it. Things aren't going to be easy for us, in fact we won't see each other for 4 months, but its going to be good. As long as I follow Christ's example life will always be good.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm in that picture too!!! ;) And btw, I wholeheartedly approve of this latest twitterpattion... That's all. hehe. Love ya Aly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Alex,
    I love your face. I think you are an awesome blogger (and an awesome writer in general), and your posts have touched me. It's amazing how many of them describe exactly how I feel sometimes. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. You have inspired me to (maybe) start my own blog. However, mine could never be as well-written or personal as you have the ability to make yours.
    This summer I think we should plan a visit with each other and cross off a few more things on your list. I am currently in the process of making my own.
    (PS, sometimes when I write letter-like things to people I write very formally. I kind of like it but it makes it sound like I don't really know you or something... :)
    Anywhays, thanks for... well, everything. For being an awesome cousin and friend, for inspiring and comforting me with your posts, and for being happy and rubbing off on me sometimes.
    I love you!
    We should be pen pals over the summer or something.
    This is your cousin Katie Bean, by the way, in case you didn't know. That could be weird if you didn't know who I was. but that's OK.
    um... that's about all I have to say, so, bye!!
    keep up the awesomeness!!

    ReplyDelete