Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Turlock, CA

Turlock, California is this cute little farming town just outside of Oakland. Last weekend I had the pleasure of visiting such a place and best of all I got to see my dear cousin after he had been gone for 2 years :) Tyler served his mission in South Africa and returned to the U.S. just a couple weeks ago.
Just a brief summary of Tyler and I, we actually didn't become good friends until about 3 years ago or maybe a little longer. He's lived in Cali my whole life and so I didn't see him much growing up. But I have to say that I am so glad he is my friend now. Visiting Tyler in Cali and listening to him talk about his mission has made me even more excited about when I get to go. Tyler has grown so much in so many ways. He was a good kid before he left and he came back a great and spiritual man.
Because it cost so much to bring any extra luggage on the flight I packed 3 days worth of stuff into my backpack. I'm surprised it didn't rip during the trip. Tips for packing light: wear what layers you can on the airplane ride, try not to buy too much on your trip, share a piece of luggage with someone and split the cost, buy mini hairspray and other products (it saves TONS of room), and don't fold your clothes-roll them up tight.

 View of Idaho from the plane. I have to admit that I pretty much acted like a 6 year old once we took off. My face print was all over the window.
 We eventually flew up into the clouds and that was probably the most beautiful view of the whole trip.


 Bayler and Camia. Aren't they adorable?!
 Tyler and I.
 Ya, we're goofs. I love it :) Miss Tyler so much!
 Grandma and Tyler. Bahaha!

Aunt Jeanine, Tyler, Uncle David, and Mallory. We missed Lauren (Tyler's other sister-my cousin) a lot; sadly she couldn't make it.

It was an awesome trip and definitely worth all the sacrifices I made :) I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment