Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pressing Forward

I learned a lot in church today and it wasn't as much from what the teachers where teaching, but what the Spirit was teaching me.

During Sunday School the teacher talked about the scripture in 2 Nephi 31: 20. It reads, "Wherefore, ye must press forward..." The teacher asked what it meant to press forward. The first thing I thought of was a dream I had not too long ago.
In my dream I was wearing a cape, but the ends of the cape where connected to the bottom of my shirt so it was more like a sail. I was running and as the wind blew at my back I ran even further and faster and harder, but then at times the wind would change directions or I would change directions and the wind would be coming at me. The wind would catch my sail and made it difficult to go forward, but I continued to try to forward no matter what. Sometimes the wind was so strong I literally had to press my body forward against it and it was a struggle to not step back.
I feel like life is like this sometimes, but we must (to continue the scripture) "...press forward with a steadfastness in Christ having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life."
Now note that the scripture did not say that we would know where life was going to take us and why things happen, it said that we needed to have a "perfect brightness of HOPE". And with hope there is faith, "...faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; which are not seen, which are true." Alma 32:21 

No matter where you are keep pressing forward, life is too short to give in and step back.

What gave you strength and encouragement today?

No comments:

Post a Comment