Saturday, June 9, 2012

The beginnings of summer

So this summer so far has been insane and its only the beginning. I currently have 2 jobs and most of the time work more than 40 hours a week. Its nice living at home, but it has taken some getting used to.

WARNING: Pictures are out of chronological order and can cause confusion, sorry I was just too lazy to switch them around ;)

Made wontons for my family the first Sunday I was home, I think. They turned out pretty good actually. Thanks to my dear friend, Dora, I had a great recipe. 
I'm in the process of making a quilt. This is just all the pieces put in pattern I wanted. Believe it or not, but my mom and I made this pattern ourselves (okay actually it probably is believable since its not that great haha). I just had all of this left over fabric from 3 years ago so I cut them into pieces and tried to organize all the different patterns so it would kind of work. Oh and I set the quilt pieces on our rug, that's why there is a formal-ish background haha
 I drove up to the temple after a fireside this week and just took pictures. I wish these pictures could turn out as beautiful as it was in real life.
After shopping at City Creek my friend, Marc, and I drove up past the capitol and it was so incredibly beautiful.

 One night I got to babysit my nephews and niece. They are all so cute! This is Isaac. Love that kid!
 Marc and I went to the zoo. It was really fun and well just funny obviously.
 LOVE LOVE LOVE elephants!

The exhibit with the sea lions was really cool. I wanted to go swimming so bad after watching them.

 This is Derek, Talin, and Jake at seminary graduation. So crazy.
 Jake and Garret after a soccer game. Its hard to watch a friend play against your brother because you want to cheer for both of them.
 Oh-this is seminary graduation again. I think this is one of the very few pictures I have of all 5 of us. Love it.
 This is me holding Alaina. She is such a beautiful baby.
 This is mommy and daughter at Alaina's baby blessing.
 Oh the same day as the baby blessing, Jake received the Melchizedek priesthood! He even got to stand in the circle as Alaina was blessed. Such a tender moment.
And this is Alaina with her older sisters. I can't tell you how hard it was to get this picture. Wiggly, giggly girls don't sit long. 

Its been such a bittersweet summer. I only hope it keeps getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment