Monday, June 25, 2012

The beginning of the best worst week.

So honestly this week could become the best or worst week thus far this summer. I took the weekend off to go visit friends in Logan and Rexburg (mostly Logan because my old roomies told me to take time off to visit so I did) and guess what? My old roommates won't return my texts or phone calls and my one friend in the Burg will actually be in Salt Lake this weekend! It's obviously too late to tell my bosses to schedule me to work the weekend so I'm going up north anyways. "Luckily" I have some plans with family and some other people this weekend so it should still turn out great. I say "luckily" because the plans are 2 blind dates! So "lucky" could be one or two awesome dates that maybe turn out to be more than just a first date or it could be "lucky" in a sarcastic, dreading, my-date-turns-out-to-be-a-creeper kind of lucky.

So to start off this interesting adventure I went on a date! Yup, 3 (possibly 4) dates in one week! Probably a record for me but I'm not sure. All I know is that I am going on more dates in one week than I have so far for the past 3 months or so. Pretty excited and not in the I'm-just-excited-to-go-on-a-date-in-general kind of way, but in more of a I-could-see-any-of-these-dates-having-great-potential way.

So anyway, back to my date that I went on tonight. We will call my date...Seuss Contemporary (something to do with the date). We had a great time together and honestly my cheeks kind of hurt from smiling and laughing all night. In the future, after all of my dates this week, I will be comparing all of the gentlemen I went on dates with so I'm making a list of the great things about each guy.
-Seuss Contemporary-
  • returned missionary
  • great listener AND contributes to the conversation
  • teaser
  • likes ice cream and frozen yogurt (yes I find that important ;) )
  • through much hardship he still chose to be strong and active in the church
  • furthering his education
  • and something I learned on this date - - On my way home I realized that I was my complete self with "Seuss Contemporary" and I wasn't afraid to bring out what I find are the best parts of me AND he seemed to like me even more for it. That is how I want to feel all of the time; like I can easily bring out the best in myself and be appreciated by it, respected, and admired. This isn't the first time I've experienced this, but it just hit me today. 
Even though I ended up driving tonight for certain reasons I would still rate the date a 9 :) And I really hope Seuss Contemporary lives up to his word and I hear from him again and we go on another date.

Most likely my next date will be a blind date on Thursday.

To be continued....

1 comment:

  1. maybe someday you can update me on your life?! sounds like things are going good:).....

    ReplyDelete