Sunday, February 5, 2012

Weekends of Epic Proportions

So lately I've just been having some epic adventures. I mean epic! On one adventure my roommates and I all "stole" ice blocks that were melting outside the Performance Hall and went ice blocking down Old Main Hill. It was super fun! The snow had all melted and there wasn't even any ice on it, the grass was just muddy, as you will observe in the photos. :)

 My wonderful roommates :) Jess, Brit, and Cede.

Yes, that is me sticking my tongue out if you couldn't tell. Our neighbor was kind enough to take this picture for us and didn't make fun of us. Well actually, I think he did laugh a little.

Another adventure was watching Brit and her boyfriend make ad decorate mini-mini cupcakes. They were super small!


They are so cute together and will be getting married this summer :)

This week, on a ward group date activity, we went rollerblading! It was so fun and thankfully I didn't have to take any time getting used to; it was just like getting back on a bike. I forgot how much fun rollerblading is. Also I went bowling twice and then on Saturday some friends of mine from my old ward went snowshoeing! I have never been snowshoeing but I highly recommend it! Snowshoes don't attack to your heals so to me they were like flip-flops on steroids! Loved every minute of it!

 Dallin and I before we started climbing the mountain.
 Glen, Kristen, and I taking a break. We attempted  making snow angels but there was a hard layer of snow on top so it didn't work so well.
 This is Dallin just being Dallin. :)
The canyon was so beautiful covered in snow. The valley is just dead right now. No snow and its kinda sad.


I am a firm believer that life is as beautiful and fun as you make it. We were given agency for a reason. So my challenge for everyone this month is to go out and do something new that you've never done before. It doesn't have to be big, you could just try a new cookie recipe or go on a jog (if the weather permits) on a route you've been on. Mix things up a little bit.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."
-Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment