Saturday, December 24, 2011

London in the USA

This Christmas has been a good one and I am sure they will only get better, But this year was different. As many of you know, my sister and her family (the Wheelers) moved to London. This year she sent us gifts from London and some of the places they have visited while living in London. The Wheelers sent us Scottish shortbread, Kade received a "puzzling" puzzle, Jake received a game that we played almost as soon as he opened it, I received the "quintessential British gift"-a cross-stitch bookmark-, we also received the most amazing pop up book I have ever seen (and I can't wait to spend hours exploring all of the small flaps and read inside opera house), and my dad received the...most interesting gift of all. Take a look.

Would you believe me if I told you they were...chocolate?

Of course before we open the presents from family members we read about why we have Christmas. Jake put together our own Jackson Family Christmas Devotional. It was great and I love the tradition. I have hardly spent any time away from my family this break and I wouldn't have had it any other way. My little brothers have changed so much over the past year and a half (since I moved out of the house). They are both becoming amazing young men that I look up to. We also frosted cookies, another family tradition we have had for as long as I can remember.

I read a whole book! In four days! I haven't sat down and read a novel in so long!

I wish I was better with words tonight and could describe the happiness I feel and how thankful I am to have a Savior that is the reason for the season.

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope its been your best Christmas yet :)

1 comment:

  1. Ah man... the tools broke?! I'm so sad they didn't make it in the whole shape they were sent. I guess once they are broken, it's easier to take a taste though.

    Merry Christmas! Glad you all liked your gifts... it was fun to send.

    love you.
    Mindi

    ReplyDelete