Saturday, December 10, 2011

Dreaming of Beaches

I LOVE Logan! It has become my new home, its where I feel the most myself, and I just love it! Don't get me wrong, I love going home-home in SLC with my family, but I love Logan!

Well tonight I feel slightly torn. Right now my family is in California. In a nice hotel. By the beach. In the warmth. Going to go to Disneyland. And I'm kind of jealous. Okay I'm a lot jealous.


(These are actual pictures of the hotel they are staying at this week.)

But then as I look at it if I was in the warm California sun I would be missing a lot of wonderful things here in Logan. This week has been honestly stressful, but its been a great week. On Monday I made an amazing, new friend and it gets me so excited to spend more time with him. Justin, my really close friend, got his mission call and it has been phenomenal to see him start to get the missionary mentality. Yesterday I was home to help my roommate (she really needed support and we'll leave it at that). This morning topped it all though. My new friend and I went to Special Olympics and it was AMAZING!!! I haven't felt like I was doing something to make a difference in someone else's life like I did this morning in a long time. I did Special Needs Mutual in high school and I can't believe I forgot how amazing it was and waited this long to get involved in Special Olympics. Now tonight, right this second actually, I am jamming out to music and giggling with my roommates. I probably should be studying but I haven't really taken the time to get to know my roommates other than Brittney. Tomorrow is my ward's Christmas Devotional as well and I hate missing stuff going on in my own ward.

I feel so torn. I'm growing up...well I hope I am maturing haha...anyway! I think I am truly transitioning into adulthood. But I will always be Mommy's little girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment