Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Prophet's Voice

GAH! Conference was so amazing! I am so excited for tomorrow too. The four hours just flew by so fast, I was so surprised. Something I noticed is that the speakers mentioned charity and serving our fellow men a lot. I honestly can't pick a favorite speaker from today, but I can say that I love President Monson. Today he didn't speak to us for very long but his talk stood out to me. For the first time I REALLY felt like he was a prophet of God. Its not like I never believed he was but I didn't feel that connection to him like I did with President Hinckley, but now I do.

Before conference I had a lot of questions to hopefully have answered and although conference isn't over, I didn't feel like I got anything really answered. I was a little disappointed, but then I read an email that Jake, my brother, sent me that had some quotes in it and those held some powerful answers to my questions.
 
“It is a serious thing, to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship. It is in the light of these overwhelming possibilities, it is with the awe and the circumspection proper to them, that we should conduct all our dealings with one another, all friendships, all loves, all play, all politics. There are no 'ordinary' people. You have never talked to a mere mortal.”
 - C. S. Lewis
 
“It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers.”
 - Gordon B. Hinckley
 
“As we got closer to marriage, I felt completely confident that Gordon loved me. But I also knew somehow that I would never come first with him. I knew I was going to be second in his life and that the Lord was going to be first. And that was okay. It seemed to me that if you understood the gospel and the purpose of our being here, you would want a husband who put the Lord first.”
 - Marjorie Pay Hinckley


The Lord works in ways we don't expect and I'm just one step closer to healing, but it seems like I've made a large step. My life is in His hands and now I can't go wrong. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment