Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Halloween!

If you were wondering, I'm still doing well. Thanks for...wondering.

Halloween weekend was great! I really wish that Halloween was on Friday or Saturday instead of on a Monday though. I honestly miss helping hand out candy and watching Wait Until Dark and Arsenic and Old Lace with my brothers, but it was still fun celebrating the holiday here in Logan.

Friday I went on a date with a guy that I had no idea was even interested in me, so that was a pleasant surprise! I also set up two of my cousins, Sam and Charlie, with some of my friends and luckily they all had a good time, well we all had a good time. We all went to the Haunted Labs up on campus, its like a haunted house just in the Engineering Research Lab. I am very jumpy and even jumped when a camera man was standing behind me. Luckily my date didn't mind me grabbing onto his arm for "protection" when I got nervous.

Saturday was epic as well. I got some homework done and then went shopping for jeans with Jacob (neighbor). I got lucky and found some for an amazing price, but I have to say that my DI find Friday afternoon was even better. My cousins and I had just finished lunch at an Indian restaurant here in Logan and they were off to find some tacky Halloween costumes so I decided to join them.

I found this backpack...

...for a dollar :D Yes just ONE American dollar and its genuine leather. I love it.

So back to Saturday. I found jeans and then we went to watch Brittney perform. She is on USU's My Bad  dance team and was performing during the annual Halloween party, the Howl. Jacob and I both weren't going to the Howl so Brittney invited us to watch her dance right before the Howl started. The theme was something like a creepy carnival so everyone dressed up as creepy clowns for the dance. I liked the dance for the most part but its hard to just sit back and enjoy a performance since I have been dancing for so long because I just critique everything. 


Ya... I didn't even recognize her at first. It was cool.

And then to discuss today. Today was awesome! After hearing President Monson speak for Regional Stake Conference I went to a missionary fireside at the institute. The conversion stories and music was phenomenal. I cried when the choir sang Come Thou Fount; the Spirit was just so strong I couldn't hold it in. That fireside was just what I needed. Lately Satan has really been working on me by putting negative thoughts about the Gospel in my head and there have been times when I have thought about if I KNOW the church is true. Well I can assure you that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true and the song helped confirm that. The times when I am the happiest is when I am living by the teachings of the church and doing my best to keep the covenants I make.

Halloween isn't over, but I figured I'd give you an update. 

P.S. I forgot to tell you about FHE the other night. Jacob, Daniel, Brittney, and I carved an awesome pumpkin!
The picture came off of my phone so its not fabulous but it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment