Thursday, January 12, 2012

In a land up north

 Okay, I live south of Logan, but we'll get to that in a second.

A few weeks ago I went home to visit my family for the holidays. Over Christmas I started investigating digital cameras. Well it turned out that even with all of the awesome holiday sales I couldn't get the one I wanted. I know, its a digital camera, but I take pictures all of the time and my other one was accidentally broken by a friend of mine. So I made a bargain with my mom and I got an early birthday present (very early!). Jake, the romantic that he is, asked if he and his friend, Whitney, could be in the first picture I took with my camera. As you can see in the image to the right, wish was granted. Cute huh?
 Also, over the break I went to a friends wedding reception in Payson. I went with two dear friends, Em&Em and Apey Grapey. It was so much fun! And my newly wedded friend looked as happy as  can be!
 This was just a gorgeous sunset that I witnessed on my drive to work one night. It literally looked like there was a fire behind the mountains.
I also went on a date over the break. I had never been on a date to temple square, I am aware that those kinds of dates are usually done between people that are dating and about to be engaged, but it was still fun. We also went ice skating which was fun, but I probably made a complete fool of myself which is fine because I was having a good time.

Now about the land up north...

Most people will tell you that their favorite place is home. There isn't anything wrong with that and I totally have to agree, but my VERY favorite place on earth is another home; my home up north.

As many of you know, my grandpa was a rancher and owned some property in Idaho. I haven't been to Basin Creek Ranch in over three years. Do you know what that feels like?! No bueno. I was lucky enough to get a ride up to the ranch with my uncle and cousins who live up there. It was an awesome way to finish my break. I read, watched movies, went horseback riding, walked up to my grandpa's memorial, took pictures, helped watch John and Elise's two adorable kids, and I had no interruptions. Well no interruptions unless I wanted one. Phone reception wasn't the best. I literally had to go out of my way sometimes to send a text and sometimes I just turned it off. Love it! I mostly had a perfect opportunity to reflect on my life and where I wanted to go and what I wanted to change about my life. Perfect for the new year right?




This is my little piece of heaven, in a land up north.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, I am loving all the great quotes you have on the side of your blog!

    ReplyDelete