Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It Only Took a Sunset

I started writing this post with the intention to vent and vent about how awful I feel and how frustrated I am. I was at the end of my post when I looked to my right and saw a gold light coming from the window in the kitchen. Its not the typical light that the sun brings, but somehow the rainclouds, that had totally ruined a perfect day to be outside, were helping create a warm, gold color. Just outside was one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen and all I had to do was step out the front door, no need to fly to Monterey, California or hike to the peaks of a mountain...it was just...there. And then I got to thinking, how blessed am I to even see?! I may not be able to hike for the next little while (hopefully just for a little while), but at least I have hiked! I've danced my whole life, a little break can't keep me down, and I'm lucky to have to legs that function!

So how funny is this? One moment I'm in the dumps, more than I have been in a long time, and then the next moment I see a light and all my woes are washed away. None of my problems have been solved, my foot hurts, I can't hike, I can't dance, I'm not even supposed to walk barefoot around my apartment, but looking out off the porch like I do everyday, my eyes were opened. I still feel bummed and a little blue, but I know that God loves me. He cares about me and wants me to be happy. And He knows me well enough to know that just a sunset would make me smile...one of His beautiful creations. How lucky am I?


"Its not the power of the curse, its the power you give the curse." -Penelope

2 comments:

  1. I love tender mercies like that. Ah. God is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you girly. That's all. Thanks for being such a great example chicka! Have a great day and feel better, okay? ;) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete