Saturday, November 20, 2010

Official First Post

So I figure I'm going to get a lot of crap (sorry mom, but I couldn't think of a better word) for creating a blog when I deleted my facebook, but I'm doing it anyways.

I have to say that college was nothing like what I expected. I have had such a wonderfully hard time. Everyday things get a little better and a little worse, but I have to say that I am excited that this semester is almost over. I got into a ballroom class and I am super excited! Its sad to discover that there really aren't that many guys out there that know social dance, even swing! I mean seriously, who doesn't know the basic swing?

Speaking of boys, this week I discovered that my most recent "crush" really wasn't interested in me and I just read him wrong (I love that I can talk about this and not feel weird because I know he won't read it). This was more of a bummer for me than a major heartbreak. I was frustrated though because I got my hopes up as usual and one night I was over at Krystal's apartment venting when I made this comment, "He can just sit on a log for all I care. And I hope the red ants come and eat his butt." (Again, sorry mom, I guess I need to work on my language more than I thought.) Well Krystal thought that this was absolutely hilarious and she even put it on her quote wall. I have to say that this is quite the accomplishment.

Well before I hit the sack and start another fabulous Sunday, I have to admit that I think winter is probably one of the most romantic seasons. Just the other day I was thinking about how miserably cold I was and how nice it would be to have a special someone to be there to hold me close and keep me warm (another note to mom: I hope the posts on this blog don't worry you more than you already do). I kept my thoughts going and realized how cute it would be to fall in love in the winter time. I mean think about it, you can start spontaneous snowball fights, go see the lights on temple square or even just the decorations, after a long day playing out in the snow you can cuddle up by the fire (or your heater) and sip on hot chocolate and candy canes (that was for you Cody), and of course you have an excuse to have a guy hold you tight because he's "trying to keep you warm."  If you're lucky and catch a real gentleman he may even give you the coat off his own back if you're seriously cold.

Anyway, I'm sick and I really should get some sleep. Happy holidays everyone! I hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving this week!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to keep up with the crazy happenings of Ms. Jackson at college. :) xo.

    ReplyDelete