Sunday, November 21, 2010

Boy Crazies

I have to admit that Sundays are what keep me sane up here. I remember a talk in stake conference last week by Sister Hamilton (bless her heart) that completely summed up my feelings about Sundays. She described our lives as a series of rapids and calm water. The Sabbath should be a day to restore our souls, a day for calmed water. I loved that message. Here at Utah State everyone is preparing for the semester to end and finals are going to be here in just a couple of weeks. Our lives are so busy and some days I don't find any time to study or do homework no matter how hard I try. I can say that it is so nice to have a day of rest and a time to sit back and reevaluate everything that is going on in our lives. Even though I have a ton of studying to do, two papers to write, and a project to do, I know that by listening to the prophets and keeping the Sabbath day holy that I will be blessed.

So to be honest I wasn't going to post anything for a while or get on until I had all of my work done, but I am all alone in my apartment waiting for 8:30 to roll around for ward prayer and I thought that I would get on to see if anyone had actually read my blog or anything and to just reread what I had posted last night since it was really late. Well lucky for my I have a wonderful sister who loves me and read my blog :) but I after I read my post I thought, "wow.... my life sounds like it revolves around purely boys. No wonder my mom worries about me like crazy." So all I have left to say is that I love boys, but I promise that they are not the only things on my mind! In fact with everything I have going on like my job, my calling in church, my studies, and everything else I don't have much time to think about boys too much (which in my case is probably a good thing).

Hope all is still well!

No comments:

Post a Comment