Monday, May 14, 2012

My mother's and mother's Mother's day weekend

On Mother's day Jake, mom, and I went to my grandmother's house and surprised her! It was so much fun. I got to see a lot of my cousins and other family members that I don't see much (and receive more pressure about going to BYU-I). I loved it all. Jake will be leaving this summer to work for a company out of state and then going to college for a year and then his mission. In other words, we won't see him much and we don't know how much he will be able to see our dear grandma in the next few years so we wanted especially for him to see her now before the craziness starts (and well we just wanted to see our grandma just in general).

I was glad to leave Utah because it hadn't been particularly an excellent day. I finally decided the just other day that I was ready to jump back into the dating saddle. Not a problem, right? Wrong. So wrong. Alex is now scared of boys. Yup. This is a whole new side I thought I'd never see of myself. --and yes I often refer to myself in the third person-- My mom was even stunned when I told her about "the incident" at church. What happened was there is this super cute guy, like the only guy, that I am slightly interested in at the moment and I wanted to get more acquainted with him and get to know him (and hopefully get him to be a little interested in me). Usually this isn't much of a problem and mostly just comes naturally. Well not this time. I went to find a seat in Sunday School and I didn't really recognize anyone except for this exceptionally attractive young man; so as my usual "brave" (I put that in quotes because it could be also considered stupidity) self I went and sat on the same row just a chair away from him. So now all I needed to do is cleverly come up with a way to start a conversation. Well guess what; NOTHING came to me. Well I shouldn't say that. I probably would have thought of something to talk to him about except I was so scared I could hardly say hi when he said hi to me! Yup, I know, I'm practically hopeless. I know I've been lucky and have been on plenty of dates in the past and in some cases more than some of my friends (trust me, I'm not bragging because 98% of those dates don't go any further than the a first or second date) but this has probably been the longest length of time where I haven't been on a single date.

Lucky for me I have an uncle who is a stake president in Idaho and has a guy in mind that he can set me up with and I have a cousin who is up for the job as well. This is great, but then I will never need to have the guts to strike up a conversation. Oh well.

So back to Grandma's. We hung out with the fam and then went to the temple near by and took some senior pictures of Jake to send with his announcements. Most of them didn't turn out very good but one did and I guess that's really all we needed.
We wanted to get the temple in the background but obviously you can't see it. The sun was too bright and my camera and photo skills weren't good enough for the job, but I like the picture anyway.
 This one was okay. I just really wanted that waterfall in the background. Oh well.
This is the one my mom decided to put in with the announcements. Isn't he a hunk? ;) Love my Jakey.

And then of course we took some with Grandma...
This one didn't turn out the best but I just loved that Jake was cuddling up to her and she obviously loved it too. Jake really is a great kid :)
We couldn't get the lighting quite right but its okay. I think that it is the memory that the photo holds that counts the most. Love ya Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment